Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
This Friday’s special Top SEO Woman is another International nominee. It thrills me to introduce this young lady. I have been following her since she first came on the SEO scene. With her International capabilities and a command of several languages she’s a smart choice for any global company that wants to work with her. But as you will read she’s busy sharing her awesomeness…therefore, without further ado let me introduce Aleyda.
1. What’s your personal elevator pitch? What should we know about who you are and what you do?
I’m a technical search marketer with entrepreneurial spirit, focused in International (multilingual or multi-country) SEO processes, as well as Mobile SEO. I do many things:
- I work at SEER Interactive where I’m leading the International area of the digital marketing agency, coordinating and executing the non-English and International focused SEO projects.
- I collaborate as an SEOmoz Associate, answering questions in the community and blogging.
- I blog for State of Search, where I also have a series of posts about the state of search marketing in Spain.
- I’m a member of the Madrid Geek Girls, a group of women based in Madrid who work in digital marketing and want to promote the involvement and visibility of women in this sector.
- I co-organize an SEO meetup in Spain called “SEO+You” with the goal of evangelize about SEO and how it can do synergy with other online disciplines.
2. Which area of SEO or online marketing in general do you focus on primarily?
International SEO, I manage multilingual and multi-country SEO processes and also Mobile SEO processes: I do a bit of everything with them – from pre-sales support, helping to define strategy, developing architecture audits, coordinating outreach, analyzing SEO results to client reporting.
3. Which is the most exciting or most boring to you?
I highly enjoy really different type of activities, which is the reason of why I do SEO, since I can do them all: I love Interacting and speaking with clients, understanding their pains, necessities, and constraints and help finding solutions for them with SEO. On the other hand I really enjoy researching and analyzing, architectural audits are also one of my favorite activities.
The most boring tasks are those that at some point I’ve needed to do myself for one or another reason but that could have been automatized or be implemented by any other person without much specialized knowledge, like downloading or putting together documents (so they can be effectively analyzed afterwards), since these might be not the best investment for my time although it had also given me the opportunity to think about how to enhance these processes to be automatized and more cost-effective.
4. Is there an area that you’d love to dive into more?
Yes, many. I’m trying to learn more and be better in many areas: mobile development, product management, content strategy and public speaking for example. I’m reading a lot and putting what I learn into practice lately in my work or personal projects.
5. We’d love to know more about the personal you (without being too nosy).
I’m from Nicaragua but I live in Spain. I’ve been living in Spain for almost 7 years now: I came to study to the University of Salamanca (I lived in Salamanca for 4 years) and I live now in Madrid. In my free time I like to bike, swim, travel, eat delicious tapas and drink tinto de verano (if you haven’t had a tinto de verano you should, is the most delicious drink on earth). I have an English bulldog called Doki who’s so awesome that has his own twitter account 😀
6. What area of the world do you live in, or want to live in; what are some of your quirks; what fuels your fire?
I live in Madrid and love it here and I’m not the type of person that plans ahead too much, but I’m definitely open to the idea -if the opportunity comes- to live in other countries, since I really love to travel, experience and learn from different cultures.