Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a marketing tool used worldwide on the Internet in order to get higher ranking. Simple enough right? Afraid it’s not that easy, in this discipline one has to look at various attributes of their website. From content to links, link backs and last but not least their structure. Once you have had a good look at your website content you have to remove any impediments that are preventing your site from achieving it’s rightful place in the search rankings on the Internet.
Therefore the question is why do we need SEO?
- Since we are still in the SEO infancy stage there are a lot of changes happening. The major understanding everyone is finally catching up on is that users searching have what they coin as “local intent”. Basically the user is looking for someone close to them especially if you are a retailer or a local hardware store.
- Did you know that 63% of all search made by users are made with the desire for someone locally? That is why you will notice a lot of search engines are adapting the zip code feed in the searches. I am sure you have seen this, especially if you are looking for a doctor. This new attribution is more prevalent and will hone the searches specifically to the users local area and not across the globe to china.
- Search Mobile is a new addition to your of local search -Think about this ingenious idea now with GPS installed in all mobile phones it will automatically give you your criteria search locally since it already knows where your location is by your phone.
Who needs SEO is anyone who is on the Internet. More than 80% of users will start with a search. Therefore any business that wants to get more clients or more users on their sites needs to understand and ultimately use SEO properly. SEO is also beneficial to your business regardless of whether you are brand oriented or not. It’s comes from the old school of marketing and advertising basically, keep your name and brand out there. Regardless of whether you are Pepsi, Ford, or a local TV station.
Therefore the question is should SEO be written for search engines or for the user? This is a common misconception that if you write SEO style then your users will come. NOT! The consideration is you have 2 things to deal with:
1. People using the search and
2. The robots crawling your pages. Now the question you should ask yourself is who is going to buy from you?
Regardless of whether you are selling a local product or are going for an International market will be people. Therefore make sure your content is written for people with flow and information. The search robots will pick those keywords up don’t worry.
The common mistake is that when you have someone writing your SEO they will offer all the tricks and shortcuts in order to get you a higher ranking. They ain’t cheap either. Therefore stay away from those companies. They may very well get you a higher ranking but Google will catch up and tear you down like the cheap tawdry hustler you are.
All kidding aside get a professional to do this for you. If they tell you they can do this for thousands of dollars in 30 days then step away and don’t look back. It’s not easy nor is it legal. Any SEO writer worth their salt will be lying if they did not warn you that this is a long process, and a step by step of why you need SEO. Not because they cannot write fast enough or give you enough articles in order to get a higher ranking, but it takes time and we cannot change that.
At Level343 we’ve increased our client’s rankings by 300%. Let us help you by creating and implementing an organic SEO roadmap with scalable branded content.