[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
It’s March 31st, which means National Women’s History Month is coming to a close. What a perfect time to talk about our 2012 Top SEO Women awards 2010, 2011! First, though, an introduction for the top 2012 SEO women nominees – add your voice now!
Interesting Facts About Women Online
A while back, we came across some amazing statistics. As women, they made us feel all warm and fuzzy in side. As marketers, these statistics made us set up and pay attention. The foundation of these statistics is… (drum roll please) women rule the Internet.
Now, the last thing we want to do, especially on a post about the Top SEO Women of 2012, is wave the whole “race of the sexes” thing around. However, the statistics discussed in an article by Aileen Lee on Tech Crunch, Why Women Rule the Internet, are worth paying attention to.
Here’s an overview (you can read the whole article by clicking on the above link):
- The majority of social networking users are women
- Women spend 30% more time on these sites
- Women are responsible for 55% of mobile social network usage
- Gilt Groupe estimates women drive 74% of revenue to the company
- The U.S. Census says over 80% of consumer spending can be attributed to women
- When it comes to the consumer web of the likes of Facebook, Zynga, Groupon and Twitter, women are the majority of users
In fact, the sites listed above, as well as Opentable, Yelp, Docstoc, Flickr, Myspace, Ning, Bebo and others, women rule the space. In online marketing, social media marketing and SEO, women are slowly but surely taking over spaces traditionally “ruled” by men.
We now return to our regularly scheduled program…
Top SEO Women of 2012 – Nominees
Our nominations are open until April 30th, so you still have an entire month to nominate your favorite female SEO. We’d like to have a list of 20 – 25. So far, your nominees are:
- Linda Sevier of Pagetender LLC
- Raquel Franco from SEO femenino
- Heather Lloyd of SEO Copywriting
- Anne Handley at Marketing Profs
- Melanie Nathan of Canadian SEO
- Vanessa Fox of Nine by Blue
- Lindsay Wassell at Keyphraseology
- Ana Martins with SEO Debrigadeiro
- Chiara Marsella Working out of Rome
- Gabriela Mori from São Paulo Brazil
- Renata Tibiriçá from Brazil
- Kathryn Katz from Florida
- Maria Pia De Marzo with Web In Fermento
- Leslie Carruthers at The Search Guru
- Manuela Sanchez with Elink Builder in Brazil
- Mindy Gofton of I-com.net
- Jennifer Horowitz from Ecombuffet
- Lisa Myers from Verve Search
- Joanna Buttler from Search Engine Chocolate
- Hannah Rampton from Browser Media
- Julie Joyce from Fish Media
- Julie Cheung from ManualLinkBuilding
- Sadie Sherran from SEO Creative
- Kaila Strong from Vertical Measure
- Eren Mckay from Embracing Home
- Joanna Lord from SEOMoz
- Patti Fousek of Creative Mind Search
- Michelle Robbins of Third Door Media
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Please visit 2012 Top SEO Women Finalists for a complete list and to vote for your favorite!
Kim Krause Berg