Commercialization of the Internet [vid]

Posted by: Gabriella Sannino

History on the Internet

History on the Internet

As you know, Doc Sheldon and I have been doing quite a few Google Hangouts with some pretty amazing guests. The beauty of working online is the ability to talk with and meet people from all over the world. It just so happens that one of our recent guests has as much history of working online as we do… and that’s not easy, considering we’re no spring chickens.

Which brings me to our topic du jour – Commercialization of the Internet. This includes a two part series on the history of the Internet, and how it has progressively captured our everyday lives. Our first guest is Ammon Johns, also known in our industry as the Black Knight.

For those of you who don’t know him, he’s a rare breed, or as Doc called him, an icon in the SEO industry. So how did the Internet get commercialized from past to present? Believe it or not, Google wasn’t always around. Therefore, it took guys like Ammon to embrace and create successful sites on the Internet. Paving his way through miles of code and a full appreciation of human behavior and of course, relevance.

That’s something a lot of people just don’t get. Look, that’s not to say we didn’t all try to figure out ways to get our clients on page one. And yes, I’ll admit we did some pretty silly things. Maybe some more than others, but after it’s all said and done, only the cream floats to the top. And that’s basically what Ammon is. The crème de la crème.

And now without my blabbering on, please sit back and enjoy our discussion.

Emory Rowland Reply

Enjoyed listening. You three are great together. I laughed harder than I have laughed in a good while at one or two of those one-liners!

August 19, 2013 at 10:31 am
      Gabriella Sannino Reply

Hahah Hey Emory, tell me about it. I’m still laughing at some of our comments. Thanks for you support and kind words over the years… you sir are awesome!!

August 19, 2013 at 3:44 pm
      Doc Sheldon Reply

Thanks, Emory. Nice to know there’s someone out there that appreciates our clowning around. 😉 Great guests are the key, of course, and we’ve been fortunate to be able to hook up with some winners.

August 22, 2013 at 9:35 am
    Andrew Isidoro Reply

Enjoyed this very much. I really like it when Hangouts are nice and informal like this. Makes it so much easier to listen to. The humor helps too 🙂

August 22, 2013 at 8:08 am
      Gabriella Sannino Reply

Thanks Andrew…that’s one thing we don’t like around here “formal“. I gave up the pumps and Armani suits in my late 20’s and haven’t looked back nor do I regret it. Being real, approachable, ethical, and honest is the only way to go. Formal is stuffy don’t you think? 🙂 Cheers!

August 22, 2013 at 8:17 am
      Doc Sheldon Reply

Glad you enjoyed it, Andrew… needless to say, we enjoy it too, especially when we have guests that bring so much value to the table.

August 22, 2013 at 9:32 am
    Donald Quixote Reply

Thanks for posting the chat, fun to see personality along with facts. I wish the lighting in the video was a little better (can’t see his face).

November 13, 2013 at 1:16 pm
      Gabriella Sannino Reply

Hey Donald, you are right I’ll have to give Ammon a shout out & a heads up!

November 14, 2013 at 7:03 am
    Alireza Reply

The voice is somehow like the text to speech feature in windows !

January 2, 2014 at 3:38 pm
      Gabriella Sannino Reply

Humm interesting Alireza, I just listened to it again and I don’t see the similarity in text to speech…Sorry it didn’t sound clear to you.

January 5, 2014 at 11:39 am
    Peter Reply

Very informative Gabriella.:) I guess we’ve all made mistakes and tried to game the ranks in one way or other but it looks like times have changed and like you say, only the cream floats to the top.

January 28, 2014 at 6:53 am
    Aman Verma Reply

Really a nice video, Enjoyed it..
    Sharing the video with my followers, so everyone can enjoy it.

February 19, 2014 at 6:01 am
    Chris Reply

Hello Gabriella,
    I do agree with the fact that internet is getting commercialized each passing day. Really a nice video.
    Bookmarked.