Whatever the partnership, it’s always important that things are running smoothly and your business gets the results you expect. Look for the following benefits of working with a trusted agency. If anything is missing from the list, or if the agency deviates from an established agreement without discussing it with you, then it may be time to look for a new partnership. A trustworthy agency partnership will offer the following from the beginning of your campaign to the end:
1. The agency will ask lots of questions about your business to get a solid feel for what your business hopes to accomplish.
2. They will also be upfront and transparent about what they can, or cannot, accomplish based on your expected outcomes and budget.
3. The agency will discuss the marketing strategies it believes can accomplish your marketing goals.
4. The agency will work your business at every opportunity to answer questions and get needed approvals.
5. Your agency should also explain, and show, how its quality control process produces only the best content, ads, emails, and optimization tactics. Their process should also prevent them from overlooking anything.
Signs Your Marketing Partnership May Be in Trouble
There are always signs that your marketing partnership is on track or off the rails. A major sign that your partnership may not be living up to expectation is if the agency spends a disproportionate amount of time creating detailed reports and not nearly enough time optimizing. Reporting is good, but the mission is to grow your business.
Internet marketing agencies begin to fail customers in little stages. Consider the following:
- Sometimes a marketing agency can lose their vision and understanding of a client’s needs.
- An agency can also begin to fail when they lose the ability to communicate core differentiators.
- Another sign of failing is when an agency loses clarity of specific marketing goals for a client’s product or services.
- Ultimately, a marketing agency loses the client’s trust when the ability to drive traffic and capture leads wanes.
- A marketing agency can disappoint clients when they fail to implement software that helps automate elements of the lead maturing process.
You rightfully have expectations of the marketing company you choose to represent your business. When those expectations fail, it’s time to either correct your course or choose another agency to represent you. The best Internet marketing agencies can show proof of success, and provide a list of satisfied clients.
They retain talented personnel with the knowledge and experience to get the job done. They also have an impressive track record of working on SEO and PPC projects. Effective agencies can provide day-to-day help if needed and long-term assistance to see the job through from beginning to end.
Competent online marketing agencies also understand the nuances of optimization and Internet marketing. They study trends and keyword rankings. They also keep an eye on their own competitors. A good digital marketing agency can also balance optimization efforts with in-depth analytical reporting.
In short, take the time to thoroughly check out an online marketing agency before you sign the contract. Your company’s success may depend on it.